Monuments in Valencia


  • Highlights of the church are its bell-tower and the drawings inside. There is also a large-scale wooden sculpture of the risen Christ.

    0
  • The building was used as a palace by the Dukes of Medinaceli and was later provisional guest quarters for bishops on their way to the Diocese of Segorbe. Currently it is undergoing renovations.

    0
  • Img 1: The Guardamar Castle (and Villa)

     

    The inhabitants of Guardamar Castle inhabited the Villa up to 1829 in a space that was sheltered by the walled citadel. The municipality was later built on the plain, separated from the sea by a string of dunes.

    ...
    0
  • Img 1: Defensive walls and phoenician fortress

    At the mouth of the river Segura is the Phoenician port and city known as "La Fonteta”. The extension of the archaeological find must be added to its state of conservation, to make it one of the best Phoenician cities discovered yet. Its' walled fortifications, are no...

    0
  • Img 1: The "Cabeza Lucero" iberian archeological site

     

    The site consists of an Iberian necropolis with a tower located next to an access door in the wall. Remains of iron weaponry, Greek ceramics and examples of adornments for funeral apparel are some of the articles that have bee...

    0
  • Img 1: Rábita Califal of the dunes and La Fonteta

    The remnants of this “rábita” are amongst the remains of the wall of a "musal.la", raised on the high section of the area it is considered as being the first “rábita” to be discovered in Spain. The monastery houses an architectural complex, consisting of cells, separa...

    0
  • The Church, belonging to the Doric style, was built in 1689. It held its original appearance until 1922 when it was restored, its Altar was recovered in 1995. In its interior, in the area of the Main Altar, the image of Santa Catalina is kept, close to a showy reliquary with the remains...

    0
  • The captivating aspect of this alley is its width, which does not exceed 50 centimetres, and makes it the narrowest in the town.

    0
  • The structure, of which only two semicircular towers remain, was restored in 1985 in cut stone with a new flight of steps in the Vía Crucis. Investigations show that the Castle foundations date from the end of the 10th century.

    0
  • The church consists of an aisle and a sanctuary, covered by a barrel vault with windows and sashes. It was restored in 1942 and many of the fixtures are from this era.

    0

Rate and share