El Lavadero

Built of brickwork and masonry, the old wash house is located on the street Calle Dr Lanuza. Its façade is whitewashed, with a green-painted skirting board. The entranceway features a segmental arch above which is a round window, with another on the right, and a double-pitched roof of clay tiles. Both windows are framed with wrought iron. A stone slab is laid into the façade bearing an inscription of the year the wash room was built, 1905, and the name of the mayor at that time. The interior was refurbished in the early 1980s, retaining all of the structure (water deposit, drainage, wooden beams, etc.). A blue-painted skirting board runs all around the interior, below a built-in bench and along the bottom of the columns.

  • Features:
  • Season: 1905
  • Address:
  • Calle Dr. Lanuza
  • Chiva
Gallery

Rate and share