La Glorieta (The Bower)

Img 1: LA GLORIETA (THE BOWER)

A park constructed on lands belonging to the vegetable garden and orchard of the San Francisco Convent (founded in 1569 and disentailed in 1835), since 1836 it has been the first public walk that the city has had. The shape of the Bower has experienced numerous reforms, the most important being that carried out in 1899 by the architect Vicente Pascual Pastor, who created a great ring road walk on an elliptical area divided into three great avenues, which in turn are subdivided by English flowerbeds. The iron railings display the art nouveau motif of the latiguillo.

  • Features:
  • Times: Espacio urbano

Rate and share