Barefooted Augustinian Convent


In 1596 the Archbishop of Valencia, Juan de Ribera, established the Order of the Barefooted Augustinians and founded this convent. From the very beginning these cloistered nuns have taken care of this monastery and of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, erected to commemorate the "Robo y Hallazgo de las Sagradas Formas" (Theft and Finding of the Sacred Forms) that occurred in 1568 on the site that the church currently occupies. The side façade, of regionalist Baroque style, was designed by Vicente Valls Gadea in 1925.

  • Features:
  • Times: Convento de clausura
  • Season: 1925
  • Address:
  • C/ Sant Tomàs
  • Alcoi/Alcoy
  • Phone numbers:
    • +34 965 543 147

Rate and share