• Img 1: NA VALORA TOWER

    It is one of the few pieces of evidence left behind of the mediaeval walls that were constructed around the town, or the first precincts of mediaeval Alcoy, the construction of which was carried o...

    0
  • Img 1: JUAN CANTÓMUSIC AND DANCE CONSERVATORY

    This building, known as Casa d'Escaló, is of singular art deco style of architecture (modernist style), designed by Vicente Pascual Pastor (1906-1908). To be highlighted on the outside ar...

    0
  • Viaducto Canalejas

    It crosses the River Molinar and allows for communication between the centre of the city and the Viaduct quarter and the Callosa d'En Sarrià road. The project was the engineer Próspero Lafarga's,...

    0
  • Img 1: MARÍA CRISTINA BRIDGE

    Constructed between 1828 and 1838, it is the first great public work that was carried out in Alcoy, which meant an improvement in communications. The bridge was named María Cristina (in homage to...

    0
  • Img 1: THE CHURCH OF SAN MAURO AND SAN FRANCISCO

    This is a temple that was rebuilt from the year 1948 onwards according to the project of the engineer César Cort Botí, along classicist lines, which substituted the primitive church, of baroque st...

    0
  • Img 1: THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHER

    In 1595 the Patriarch Juan de Ribera laid the first stone of this church and blessed the area of the new temple, which was erected in the place where the chapel open to worship was to be found whe...

    0
  • Img 1: CHAPEL OF THE VIRGEN DE LOS DESAMPARADOS

    Open to worship in 1852, its existence has a close relation to the old Hospital that - since the end of the 18th century - existed in front of this chapel in the square known as Placeta de la Mare...

    0
  • Img 1: SANTA MARÍA CHURCH

    The temple, of baroque style, was constructed halfway through the 18th century and was destroyed during the Civil War. This new church - of classicist style - was rebuilt on the same site between...

    0
  • Img 1: PLAÇA EMILI SALA

    This urban space, popularly known as "El Terrer", was partly crossed by the gully Na Lloba, and since 1895 it has slowly been filled and levelled off. In 1910 it was given the name of the illustri...

    0
  • Img 1: THE MOUNT OF PIETY BUILDING

    A free-standing building of modernist style, constructed by Vicente Pascual Pastor in 1909 for the offices of the Mount of Piety of Alcoy. It is currently the head office of the Caja de Ahorros de...

    0