• Img 1: PLAÇA DE DINS

    This Plaza Mayor, called Plaça de Dins, still conserves the classical arches of the San Agustín Convent, built in the 14th Century, and later reformed. After the confiscation of the property of ch...

    0
  • Img 1: THE HOUSE OF EL PAVO

    Without a doubt, this is one of Alcoy’s most emblematic buildings, symbolising the city’s economic growth in the early years of the 20th century. The house, of modernist style, was built betwen 19...

    0
  • Img 1: CIRCULO INDUSTRIAL

    This institution was founded in 1868 by Alcoy's industrial burgeoisie. Its a building, with a modernist Viennese façade, was designed by Timoteo Briet in 1904. The bees represent industrial work a...

    0
  • Img 1: CASA DE LA CULTURA
    La necesidad de disponer de moneda para el pago semanal de las nóminas de los trabajadores de la industria, requirió la apertura de una oficina del Banco de España en Alcoy, uno...
    0
  • Img 1: PUENTE DE SANT JORDI

    Construido entre 1925 y 1931, este puente de estilo art déco fue un proyecto innovador por el empleo de cemento armado encofrado. Tiene una altura de 42 metros sobre el cauce del río Riquer y 156...

    0
  • Img 1: IGLESIA DE SANT JORDI

    Dedicado al patrón de la ciudad, el actual templo se bendijo en 1921. Edificación de carácter historicista neorrománica, con una cuidada decoración interior de estilo neobizantino. Proyecto del ar...

    0
  • Img 1: UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING

    A classical style building, although on the inside there are elements of the purest art deco, which was built between 1923 and 1936 according to the project of the architect Joaquín Pla Laporta. T...

    0
  • Img 1: THE OLD FIRE STATION

    Constructed in 1915 by the insurance company La Unión Alcoyana; the company that managed the extinction of fires between 1888 and 1955. It is a singular piece of architecture and an excep...

    0
  • Img 1: CASA DE LA BOLLA

    Constructed between 1787 and 1790, this neoclassical style building was renovated in 1890. It is the head office of the Alcoy Textile business association, and the name of this large house comes f...

    0
  • Img 1: ALBORS PALACE

    A house constructed in 1873 commissioned by the industrialist Rigoberto Albors Monllor, who donated part of the lands that are now occupied by the Parterre or Plaça del Pintor Gisbert to the town....

    0