- Places to visit
- What to do
- Organise your trip
- Happening now
Festivity of St. Anthony Abbot in Vilanova d'Alcolea
Festivity of Saint Anthony Abbot held in the town of Vilanova d'Alcolea 2014
The following 18th and 19th of January, the town of Vilanova d'Alcolea will celebrate its peculiar festivity in honour of St. Anthony Abbot, distinguished as one of the most popular and remarkable feasts of this kind around the region. Once again, all those coming will be able to enjoy the typical and traditional symbols of this extraordinary event such as the bonfire, the religious procession as well as tasting the tasty cakes characteristic of this celebration.
- Programa de fiestas
- Starts: 18/01/2014
- Ends: 19/01/2014
- 4:30pm. Stroll in the street of "los Mayorales".
- 7:00pm. Bonfire.
- 10:00pm. "Matxà" (exhibition consisting of horses jumping the bonfires in the streets). Afterwards, "Tropell" (horse race) and "Coca"(cake tasting for those who voluntarily participate in the race).
- 12:00am. Concert by Super Màgic orchestra and an outdoor disco Disco mòbil The End. (Free entry)
- 10:00am. Reveille followed by a religious procession in honour of St. Anthony in the street of "los Mayorales".
- 12:00pm. Mass in honour of Saint Anthony Abbot.
- 1:00pm. Bullfighting exhibition.
Information compiled by:
This office does not assume responsibility for sudden changes or variations of the events published on this site.